“DIVERSITY IN LAW” LEARNING DEVELOPMENT SERIES
A Diversity and Cultural Competence learning series designed for Directors of Legal Professionals, Diversity Committee Chairs, and Legal Management members. At these workshops, learn how to be more effective at addressing diversity and inclusion in your role of supporting law students and lawyers from diverse communities.
bhasin consulting inc. is pleased to announce the next Diversity In Law breakfast workshop…
“Cracking the Code – Taking the Next Step in Supporting Women and Diverse Associates”
• Date: Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
• Time: 8-10:30am. Registration/breakfast at 8am. We will begin at 8:15am
• Location: Offices of McCarthy Tétrault, Suite 5300, TD Bank Tower,
66 Wellington Street West
• CPD Accreditation: 2 Professionalism hours
• Cost (plus HST): $395 for the first attendee, $195 for any additional attendee
• Delivered by: Ritu Bhasin, bhasin consulting inc.
• To register: Click here
Despite our efforts to support the development of women and diverse associates, we continue to experience challenges in advancing these groups to partnership. Part of this issue is that we haven’t yet addressed some of the key roots of the challenges that women and diverse associates experience.
In this interactive session, we’ll “go there” in discussing these roots/challenges and the key research, strategies, and tools for supporting for women and diverse lawyers, including:
- addressing bias, expectations to “cover”, challenges with sexual dynamics
- building “relationship capital” for work flow and business development
- adjusting behaviour across cultural differences
- becoming “sponsor-ready” – how to find, win and keep the confidence of sponsors
Please invite a woman and/or diverse lawyer to attend this workshop with you.
“Pushing the Partnership Envelope with Gender Diversity – Sponsoring the Success of Women at Firms”
• TORONTO – Breakfast session in collaboration with Tim Leishman of FirmLeader Inc., held on Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 at the offices of Torys LLP, Toronto, Canada
“Facing the Elephant in the Room: Identifying and Addressing Bias in the Legal Workplaces”
• TORONTO – Breakfast session held on Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 at the offices of Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, Toronto, Canada
“The Importance of Developing Intercultural Competence in Supporting Diverse Students and Associates”
• TORONTO – Breakfast session held on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2011 at the offices of Norton Rose LLP, Toronto, Canada
“Are You Wearing Your Diversity Hat? Diversity and Inclusion Considerations for Directors of Legal Professionals”
• CALGARY – Afternoon session held on Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 at the offices of Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP, Calgary, Canada
• TORONTO – Breakfast session held on Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 in the Managers Boardroom, One King Street West Hotel & Residence, Toronto, Canada