“DIVERSITY IN LAW” LEARNING DEVELOPMENT SERIES
A Diversity and Cultural Competence learning series designed for Directors of Legal Professionals, Diversity Committee Chairs, and Legal Management members. At these workshops, learn how to be more effective at addressing diversity and inclusion in your role of supporting law students and lawyers from diverse communities.
bhasin consulting inc. is pleased to present the next Diversity In Law Development Workshop:
Are You “Whistling Vivaldi”? Teaching Women & Diverse Lawyers To Address Bias & Blindspots
• Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2015
• Time: 7:30am registration/breakfast begins. The session will run from 8-10:30am
• Location: Offices of Fasken Martineau, Bay Adelaide Centre, 333 Bay Street, Suite 2400, Toronto
• CPD Accreditation: 2 Professionalism hours (Pending)
• Cost (plus HST): $395 for the first attendee, $195 for any additional attendee
• Delivered by: Ritu Bhasin
To date, much of the dialogue around bias within the legal profession has focused on how to interrupt our hardwired tendency to favour some over others, but we have been missing a key aspect of this discussion – what should lawyers do when they are on the receiving end of bias?
We encourage you to invite women and diverse lawyers to join you in attending this DIL workshop. We will dig deep on this thorny issue and explore:
• how to pinpoint the bias and blindspots you’re experiencing
• “stereotype effect” and its adverse impact on career advancement
• how to create effective “Whistling Vivaldi” strategies to address bias and blindspots
• how to teach women and diverse lawyers to effectively address the bias and blindspots they experience
Please click here to register. An invoice will be sent to you by e-mail after registration.
Please invite a woman and/or a diverse lawyer to attend this workshop with you!
“Cracking the Code – Taking the Next Step in Supporting Women and Diverse Associates”
• TORONTO – Breakfast session held on Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 at the offices of McCarthy Tétrault LLP, Toronto, Canada
“Pushing the Partnership Envelope with Gender Diversity – Sponsoring the Success of Women at Firms”
• TORONTO – Breakfast session in collaboration with Tim Leishman of FirmLeader Inc., held on Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 at the offices of Torys LLP, Toronto, Canada
“Facing the Elephant in the Room: Identifying and Addressing Bias in the Legal Workplaces”
• TORONTO – Breakfast session held on Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 at the offices of Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP, Toronto, Canada
“The Importance of Developing Intercultural Competence in Supporting Diverse Students and Associates”
• TORONTO – Breakfast session held on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2011 at the offices of Norton Rose LLP, Toronto, Canada
“Are You Wearing Your Diversity Hat? Diversity and Inclusion Considerations for Directors of Legal Professionals”
• CALGARY – Afternoon session held on Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 at the offices of Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP, Calgary, Canada
• TORONTO – Breakfast session held on Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 in the Managers Boardroom, One King Street West Hotel & Residence, Toronto, Canada